I am one of 5 School Psychologists with Harrisonburg City Schools. I primarily serve Spotswood Elementary School and Smithland Elementary School. My main office is through the Special Education Department located at the Harrisonburg Public Safety Building, but I can often be found at Spotswood or Smithland as well. Feel free to contact me at
One Court Square
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
However, email is usually the quickest way to contact me: email@example.com
What is a School Psychologist?
Most school psychologists provide the following services.
- Evaluate eligibility for special services.
- Assess academic skills and aptitude for learning.
- Determine social-emotional development and mental health status.
- Evaluate learning environments.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems.
- Help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior.
- Strengthen working relationships between teachers, parents, and service providers in the community.
- Provide psychological counseling to help resolve interpersonal or family problems that interfere with school performance
- Provide training in social skills, anger management, or other areas of interest
- Help families and schools manage crises
- Promote tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity within the school community.
- Collaborate with school staff and community agencies to provide services directed at improving psychological and physical health.
- Develop partnerships with parents and teachers to promote healthy school environments.
Research and Planning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of academic and behavior management programs.
- Identify and implement programs and strategies to improve schools.
- Use evidence-based research to develop and/or recommend effective interventions.
(adapted from National Association of School Psychologists)